1/4 cup chickpea flour
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil for frying
*1/4 cup vegetables of choice
1. Mix chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and water and stir until there are no lumps.
2. Dice up whatever veggies you want to add to your omelet. (about ¼ cup of veggies per omelet).
3. Add oil to a well-seasoned iron skillet or a non-stick frying pan and saute the veggies on medium-low for about 3-5 minutes until they become tender. Set aside.
4. Turn up the heat to medium and pour the batter in the skillet like you would a large pancake and cook for about 5 minutes until the top of the omelette no longer looks wet. (You can put a lid on the frying pan for a minute or two to help it cook evenly.)
5. Carefully loosen up the omelette with a spatula and flip the omelette to the other side and cook for 3-5 more minutes until it is no longer soft in the middle. (Make sure there is no wet batter left in the center).
6. Add in vegetables and fold omelet in half.
7. Serve warm.