1 large heirloom tomato, peeled + chopped
1 can diced tomato
1 red bell pepper, washed and diced
1 yellow bell pepper, washed and diced
1 cup diced eggplant
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
1 tbsp avocado oil
Salt and pepper
½ tsp paprika
½ lb ground beef
2 cups chopped leafy vegetable
of your choice, I prefer kale
1 ½ cup Shakshuka sauce
1 tsp avocado oil
1. Heat avocado oil in a large pan.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
3. Add bell peppers and eggplant and keep cooking until very soft.
5. Add chopped tomato + canned tomato along with juices.
6. Season with salt and pepper and paprika.
7. Serve with your favorite dishes or store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
1. In an oven-safe pan, or cast-iron skillet heat avocado oil and cook ground beef.
2. Toss in leafy greens and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add in shakshuka sauce and cook for 10 in on low heat.
4. Preheat broiler or make sure to have a lid to cover the pan.
5. Make small dents in the middle of the sauce mix. This is where you`ll crack eggs.
*Instead of directly cracking an egg in the sauce, first, place it in a small cup and then drop in a dented
space. Do one egg at the time!
6. Cook on medium heat covered until egg whites are set, or place under the broiler for three minutes.