Lentil Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 tbsp Avocado Oil
1/2 cup Celery, diced
1/2 cup Carrots, diced
1/2 cup Onion, diced
1 cup Green lentils, rinsed and ideally previously soaked for 1 h**
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
2 bell peppers, cleaned and halved
1. In a medium-size pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions, celery, and carrots.
3. Cook until onions are translucent and carrots almost cooked, about 10min.
4. Add rinsed lentils and salt.
5. Stir well and cook for 5 min.
6. Add 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water. Bring to boil and cook covered until broth evaporates and lentils are cooked.
7. Once lentils are cooked stir in curry powder and set aside.
8. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a casserole dish or an ovenproof pan.
9. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
10. When water is boiling carefully drop peppers in the water and boil for 8 min.
11. After 8min scoop out peppers from the water and tap dry with a paper towel.
12. Divide lentils between four halves of peppers placing them in the prepared ovenproof dish.
13. Let peppers and lentils heat up for 15 min in the oven before serving.