8 egg whites (or 1 ½ cup liquid egg whites)
4 cups cooked vegetables of your choice, chopped*
½ lb cooked ground meat (I prefer turkey to any other kind)*
Salt and pepper to taste
Coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Prepare a 9x13 inch casserole dish and set aside.
3. Layer cooked vegetables and ground meat on the bottom of the casserole dish.
4. Whisk eggs and egg whites and pour over the vegetable-meat mix.
5. Using a wooden spoon mix gently to combine the ingredients.
6. Bake for 40min or until a toothpick comes out dry.
7. Serve warm or keep stored for up to three days.
*You can use any cooking technique for vegetables. Often times I have leftovers so I chopped them up and use in the casserole. Steaming or sauteing veggies before using them in this recipe is easy and quick.
*Vegetarian option: Sub ground meat for 1-2 cups cooked lentils.